Friday, June 18, 2010

China-Chengdu, LeShan Buddha & Mount Ermei

Oops, I forget to mention another record I broke during my1 month stay in XiMiao school- I only get to bath once a week ! Yes, it's once a week! Since there was no water supply neither hot water in the school especially during winter time, so we need get to the town an hour away in order to search for hotel/ public bathroom to clean ourselves after a week dusty body haha....

After the program ended, some of us went to Chengdu for some travel =p
Celebrating birthday of one of my buddies in a restaurant.

Below are some pictures that we took in 'JingLi'. It was a beautiful place especially at night , i love this place as there are varieties of shop selling all kinds of culture stuff of China and the making as well ...and also not to forget whole bunches of Chengdu famous snacks! Chengdu is well known for it's hundreds over snacks !

Guess what's this?
I think many of you might think this is something for decoration , just like the Chinese making character using the soil right? Anyway this is a type of sweet! But is not edible, the technique of doing this is called吹糖 if not mistaken.

t

This is a very cute way of making the desserts above, when you punch the thing, the kuih will come out from another side =At the homeland of Panda, we were too not forgetting to have a look at those cute Panda!

This is also another species of Panda !But I think still the above one is cuter heheGuess how much it costs if you wanna hug the panda and get a snap? The chocolate color panda is just RM100 for a snap, but Rm500 for the black and white panda!
After 2 of my friends went back earlier to Beijing, I was left alone in the youth hostel. What makes thing interesting was it was a mix hostel, so i was staying with different guys in a room for the following whole weeks, which make my parents damn worried about me haha... But I met lots nice guys, from Holland, UK, US etc
I went on a trip to Mount Er Mei and LeShan Buddha for 3 days, it was a nice trip !




This is the famous LeShan Buddha .



Mount ErMei is beautiful as well during winter season =)But it was damn damn slippery, we need to bought a special socks before we get up , or else you hardly walk on it, it was just like walking on the ice !







Overall it was a nice trip, this was where I got to know one of the deceased students of the dragon boat accident, so quite sad when I got to know about the accident.

No comments: