Sunday, November 22, 2009

Counting down in rainy days

It's rainy season now in Malaysia as year end is drawing nearer. In Kelantan, the monsoon season has just arrived. Sometimes the rains poured heavily nonstop for days , flooding many areas in Kelantan. I love rainy days though it might give a gloomy and moody feel for most of us. Besides sleeping, rainy day is a good day for me to reminiscence and contemplate. I love to listen to the sounds of nature like waves bouncing and beating on sands and the sounds of rain...That's the main reason I like sitting besides the seaside alone or lying down on the beaches watching the sparkling stars up sky. These nature sounds make me feel calm, mind-relaxing which rejuvenate me.

In the night of rain now, I'm counting down the time for my flight to Beijing . I have found something new for my semester break- aiesec exchange program . Refreshing back about the application process, I feel myself is rather crazy haha... I came aross this project 1 week before my study week, so without thinking, I was so 'rajin' filling up all the particulars and got my CV done within few hours in the mid night as the authorities is waiting for me to submit my CV for the next day interview session. Since they insisted me for attending the interview face-to-face in Penang, so I was absence the next day for sure as I was still in Kelantan that time . I arranged my time and made a 1 day tour to Penang just for the 15min interview the day after I reached my hometown on the commencing of study week. Luckily I passed the interview smoothly . Initially I opted for an developmental internship in countries like Poland, Turkey, but due to the limitation of projects holding there by that period, so I decided to change to China.

Basically there are a few types of internship available:
1. Developmental
2. Management
3. IT
4. Language teaching

For management and IT internship, we even have the chance to work in big company like Nike, Microsoft etc.Since my field of study is not related to management, so I could just choose between developmental or language teaching for my intern. There are lots projects going on throughout the year worldwide. We could join the internship anytime in the year before we reached 30 years, provided that there's some suitable projects matching with our criterias, personal skills and abilities.If the project's authorities is willing to accept you while you are interested in the same project as well, a match is formed.

Usually we just need to pay for our travelling fees, some projects do offer free accommodation and meals like mine, some would pay you a monthly salary to cover your expenses there. The duration of internship is min 6 weeks to a year which lies on the project itself .

So, I would be away for ' Dare to Dream' project in China for 6 weeks furing the semester break. It is a quite meaningful project, which aims to motivate the children in Sichuan to dream and have a better view of outside world after the drastic earthquake last year. We hope to lit the hope and dream inner them by organising a series of program like Winter camp for children there. Thus, I would be in Beijing for few weeks for preparation while the rest of time spending together with children at Sichuan. I had chosen this project over the HIV awareness project as I have always wished to help the people in Sichuan besides donating to them after the earthquake.

Hope I will enjoy myself there ^^

No comments: