Sunday, June 13, 2010

China-Beijing

Visited 3 Beijing's famous university, RenMin University , QingHua University and Beijing University. Personally I love the environment of Beijing University the most, how I wish I could study in such great university! Beijing university and Qinghua university hava a beautiful environment with lots of greenery scenery and lakes. Since the universities are so big , so student will usually cycle in the campus area. For me, Beijing university is far more beautiful than QingHua university, I love the university as there are so many cultural performance like opera, drama, musical performance, readers' sharing etc as Beijing university is famous for art subject compared to Qinghua University which is famous for Science subject.

RenMin University
QingHua university
my China's friends and India's friend


Beijing University




Other than that, I have visited other places of interest in Beijing with my room mate in the youth hostel . She is a girl from ShangTong district of China who is also traveling alone in Beijing. It was great to have her as my travel partner =p
This is the traditional type of yogurt drink which is famous in Beijing. It is really nice as it is much more thicker than many of the yogurt drinker I have tried before. The bottles need to be returned to the stalls after finish drinking.

This is WangFuJin street market which sell variety of Beijing famous snacks


salty TauFuHua

There are many more old Beijing typical food and snacks which it is too many for me to describe here hehe... The amount of food per serving in Beijing is double-sized of what we have in Malaysia, so I often ended up having too many food in my stomach after each meal as my China's friends can usually finish up 1 by their own, so I have no choice but to finish my own meal although I'm full after eating quarter of it.

I was also lucky enough to try out the famous 'Lu3Lao4' -is some sort like cheese and pudding, a very famous shop in Beijing NanLoGuXiang which you need to like up for a very queue to buy it and sold off in few hours . I love it so much but so sad I couldn't find any in Malaysia.
I tried out the famous Beijing duck at the most famous shop as well. Luckily there is some one to treat me the meal as the famous restaurant is damn expensive with RM100 plus for the Beijing 's duck. the duck slices is eaten together with pancake and some other things. I don't really like it although it's so famous there haha...

For other places of interest, I personally opt for NanLoGuXiang- a cultural street , the Summer Palace-a must to visit as it is really scenic there and YuanMinYuan. You could view more photos in my facebook album.
Summer Palace



YuanMingYuan



To visit Beijing, you must have good energy as you would require to walk a lot the whole day as all the places of interest are sooo big that each one you could take at least half day to one day just to walk there eg Summer palace, Forbidden city. It is very easy to travel on your own by bus and the railway as it is simply so convenient and easy. It's better to get some maps or ask for info from the youth hostel as people in beijing usually are so 'cold' and not friendly at all to answer your question.
As reminder, just be careful when you walk, there are spit all over in any where they could spit haha...








No comments: