Saturday, June 19, 2010

SEP at Netherlands

It has been a week since I arrived Netherlands. It was a long way from Malaysia to here , around 12 and a half hour flight. The impression for me here is it is damn chill and cold although it's summer! The temperature falls between 10-20 degree Celsius here, with a slightly higher 22-23 when it is a sunny day, without the cold wind =p
Schipol airport at Amsterdam

The surrounding of the place I'm staying at Reeuwijks. The pharmacy shop is at Gouda( should pronounce as 'Houda'), 10 min drive from house which is very famous for Cheese!


I 'm here for my 1 month exchange , doing internship at a pharmacy shop. The pharmacist's house which I 'm staying with is so big and nice! I have my own room here with personal bathroom. I wish I could help a little in house chores but they have maid to clean up the house every week, dishwasher which make me feel like staying in a 5 star hotel haha...






This is my bedroom and personal bathroom.


Both of the pharmacist and his Taiwanese wife are good in cooking, and I'm lucky enough to come during the week where they have some many in house guests for few days, so I ended up having very nice food for those days-appetizer, main course, dessert, beer/wine.
Basically I drink beer/wine everyday here as they have it most of the time during dinner...I love the cheery beer (Kriek), it was great!

I love the beef so much, just nice and juicy! It was actually a whole big beef wrapped with crispy skin and ham, all own-made food at home =)

eTypical dutch meal, potatoes with vege

Below are some pictures of the pharmacy shop I'm working now. The pharmacist owned 2 pharmacy shops but I seldom work at the other one.


Laboratory for making capsules, cream etc

Medication in bucket waiting to be collected by patient

All medications are placed in drawer like this


The pharmacy shop is at a very strategic location where there are many cafes, open market and shopping streets just within walking distance


Guess what all those round round things above? It's variety of cheese famous in Gouda!
City Hall in Gouda
.

Holland is famous for flower, all types of flower selling in cheap price!

I love this place so much, where people can bike everywhere, and there is water everywhere for sailing! The main problem I have is language problem, i can say almost 99% speak Dutch here though they learn English at school . The pronunciation of Dutch language is a bit difficult, I always understand nothing during the conversation among the pharmacist family during dinner time...Erm, need to try to learn some basic Dutch while I was here =p

3 comments:

YvaineKong said...

the house's design doesnt look like european's house, without carpet at least :)

Ji@yin said...

oh, but the few houses I went to also without carpet , isn't it be very dirty by stepping into the house with shoes on carpet?

Ji@yin said...

By the way, I lost your blog's address, do send me again hehe...