Saturday, August 29, 2009

USMkk, kelantan

It has been 1 week I'm in Kelantan USMkk since last friday. The first thing that shocked us was the hostel upon our arrival. We were divided into 3 hostel, nuriani( the new hostel), murni (the oldest hostel) and Lot 10 ( shoplots opposite USM for boys). 13 of us were being aggregated in Murni hostel including me. It was far far more different than the hostel I was staying in USM main campus, erm...if we really want to rank it, my hostel in USM Penang is a 6 star hotel while Murni hostel is no star ranking type. It was the worst hostel that I had seen, even worst than any of the old hostel in the main campus and hostel in UM, UKM. This was my first impression to the hostel. Most of my friends can't stand with the hostel even for a night and they used the word 'dahsyat' to describe the room and washroom. Some of them even cried during the 1st night. So the next day, they got to find a house outside the campus, and 9 of them moved out from the hostel. They rather pay more for it than staying in this damn hostel.

For me after 1 night, I found that the room is still ok as I already got adapted to it. It was not that worse as what I have mentioned for my 1st impression. The hostel is a very convenient one as it's near to the nice cafe, library, hospital, printing and photostat shop. I'm indeed quite lucky to get nice roomates as well.


Actually the room is very small, on the right hand side is occupied by 1 person, the other half on the left is shared by 2 persons. It will be much better for 2 person to share the room rather than 3. The thing that is I don't like that much is the study table behind the door. We can't open the door too big as it will knock on the chair of the study table as the space is simple too narrow, damn stupid design.

The standard and condition of the hostel is really not that good compared to main campus, quite pity with the students staying here. No brooms, dustbin etc provided. Aihz, this is so called Apex university's hostel. I think it will frighten students from abroad if there'any exchange students here,wakaka..

Many friends have asked me about the life in Kelantan here. Erm...there are not any Chinese food around USM, only a vege stall in my hostel cafe. During Friday, it is damn hard to get food. All the stalls are closed on friday nearby here. Even KFC 24 hr only opens after 3pm. Many of the restaurants in town are closed on Friday too. So most of the students here just makan maggie or bread for Friday lunch.

As known , there's no entertainments here. No cinema, no KTv. Luckily still got bowling and snookering at KB mall,haha....Most of the Chinese restaurants here are Halal wan...so I guess it's really damn difficult to get pork containing food here =p












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur consider urself lucky...for us that have to endure it from our 1st yr..no need to tell la....FYI i'm usmkk student....some of us can't get the hostel because it was reserver for u all....thanks for sharing our feelings...i'm not angry....this is my compliment for u

Unknown said...

Hi,
I shall b joining USM ke lantana this July. Cud u provide me some guidance in finding an appropriate stay near to the campus as hostel is fully booked. I'm a female. Also how's te class timings? Am joining the pre masters training and will b for 6 months. I'm anxious to know as much possible ...