Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hiking KK mount

Finally our last destination-KK mount. Due to some circumstances, we arrived at the starting point late and started off around 11am . A young couples from India joined in our group. They were friendly and nice couples working at Singapore, we still kept in touch now.

We started off using the Mesilau trail.

Group photo before departing


All 6 of us were separated on our way up the hill. One of my friends cramped an hour after we started the hike. So the guide left us walking in front while he accompanied my friend to walked in a slow pace behind us. Later , 3 of us were far in front as the India couples were a bit too slow and kept resting. We can't waited and rested for too long as we need to get up the place we stayed before 7.30pm and the before the sky grow darker.

Luckily we managed to reached our hostel around 6.15pm. It was so cool and tiring. The only motivation to move us forward along the way was just our mental strength. I felt like just slept on the way uphill, moving out a step took me a few seconds. We all walked like old granny in 'tongkat' during the last 2 km up the hill.Oh ya, there were many squirrels in the hill, so bad I did not manage to take any pictures of that.





It was already sunset when we reached the hostel . We rushed down to a hostel below to have our dinner as the dinner time will be over at 7.30pm. We packed some foods for the India couples as they reached there almost 8.30pm .

Right after the dinner, we got on the bed . The weather was damn cool and chilling, even wearing a thick jacket still made me feeling cool.We woke up at 2.30am to prepare for the hike to the peak at 3am. We did not go down the hostel for supper as it was quite far from us and we were simply to cool to move any.


We started off in the dark. Soon after, I was separated from my friends, due to some misunderstand and too many people kept moving forward. Left with no choice, I had to clmin the peak following others people as it was damn scary standing alone in the middle of night not knowing where my friends were. I was indeed quite lucky as the guy I followed was a young student guide that guided me a lot. Thanks to him for nonstop hiking, I managed to reached the peak early at 5.15am. Felt so great as we were among the few that arrived earliest top the peak. It was just a small place at the peak.


Pictures taken half way up. Super cool!

Finally I reached the peak, uhoo!




Waiting at the peak for sun rise. But so sad, we did not manage to view it that day as the cloud has blocked the sun. However, the scene at the peak there was really significant .



I was to have known many friends up there as I was kept asking help from others to take pictures for me.


I went down the peak with an uncle since my friends were still missing. Tips to my friends that wish to hike KK next time, remember to wear a thick jacket, thick trousers, thick gloves, and mask. Because it was really really cool up there. Don't forget to have some training before the hike. Even though it's not the most difficult mountain to hike compared to Gunung Tahan all that, but it was very tiring and mental exhausting,haha...Nice hike.

No comments: