Monday, June 22, 2009

Sum up of the trip

Finally I have finished updating all about my trip. It took quite some times as I was simply too lazy to upload all those photos, haha..

Personally I do like Sabah for its beauty of nature and rich culture. I like back to nature type travel as it relaxes my mind looking at those greeny scenery. Besides that I love to experience the cultures of different etnic, so backpacking is more suitable for me as I can spend more time to stay at certain places or even homestaying to be really involved in their daily activities.During this trip, we visited quite a numbers of islands as Sabah is famous for its beautiful islands. It's nice to lay on the hammock ,listening to the patting of waves on the shores.

I think sometimes I did act a bit weird during the trip, which has frightened my friends I guess. I like to be quiet sometimes, since all of you claiming I'm too noisy,haha... I like to be alone certain times, reminiscing or thinking myself. It 's not that I'm not in a good mood, just that sometimes I prefer to be alone....In some cases I reallywas in an annoying mood , so I just walked away to cool myself down , or certain times I just don't wanna affects others.My friends thought that I' having depression,haha...

There are fews things that we learnt from the trip:
1. Check the car before you rent you, if not things occured on our 2nd day will happen to you
2. If you are planning for islands hoppings,I mean a few islands, it's better to bring your own snorkelling set ( if not you would need to rent it everytime, RM15-20)
3. Sun block is super super important
4. Wear those long sleeves diving suit for snorkelling, if not you will end up becoming charcoal like me,haha
5. Be prepared for riding bus on those bumpy and rocky roads. (No highway there) Plus, the bus system is slightly different from us , too many bus stops/stations ,make you confused where you are~

Basically, we did not really follow the itinerary that we had planned earlier on, we have added in many places to visit, but luckily we still managed to keep the budget under controlled. The next destination I hope to visit is Surat Thani, Thailand. I hope to go there with my parents as that place is suitable for them to relax , especially my dad.

I came across an organization named Contiki recently. They can help us to arrange for the accomodation and bus services. We can choose vary types of accomodation, ranking of those 5 stars hotel, to homestay, or camping etc .It 's all depend on what type of experience you would like to have and also your budget. It's only for 18-35 years old adults. The tour guide which is on the same range of age will provide all the info when you reach the place and you can arrange your itinerary yourselves with bus services provided. There will be many others tourists from different countries to join in, so we will have the chance to know others.Sounds nice, some more it's main on Europe countries, so maybe I will consider joining it ,haha...

No comments: