Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trip to Sabah-Survivor Island

This was another new itinerary that we added in when we reached KK. Pulau Tiga, which is more known as the Survivor Island where the television program 'Survivor' took place in one of the series. It was famous for its mud volcano and snake island nearby. Although the scenery there was really nice, especially the sunset, but this island did leave an indelible mark for me as well as this was the place where I got stung by the jellyfish.







We went jungle trekking the whole evening and dip ourselves in the refreshing volcano mud.



Those beautiful sunset pictures recalled me how I was being stung. My friend and I was playing in the water, he had warned me earlier on to watch out for jellyfish as it was low tide that time. Aihz, I kena stung just when we were walking back after taking pictures in the water, I should have just gone up the shore without turning back to farer side to take pictures. Like what my friend claimed, perhaps that jellyfish was a male one, that's why it just stung me,haha..But now I knew how it felt like being stung by jellyfish. Should be grateful that it was not jellybox, which is very poison and has killed many people even in Sabah, just few minutes after the stung will kill. I suspected that the jellyfish that stung me was a sand jellyfish as I saw spots of sand -like things on my foot after I being stung. It was like fire burning on me once my feet touched the jellyfish, I jumped up to my friend immediately , feeling burning and painful. There was no medicines or doctors in the island, so I was just given some vinegar to apply before I could see a doctor the day after I got out from the island. But the vinegar did not soothe my pain , my feet was burning and painful the whole night, till I hardly fell asleep. Luckily I just kena on one of my feet, not leg or other parts. My leg swelled like 'pig's leg' , reddish for so many days even after seeing the doctor. Now the scar was still there, dunno when it will disappear, ugly black scar covering my whole feet, damn it~ How worried I was that time as there was only 4 days left before my kk mount hike.




Our delicious buffet dinner at Pulau Tiga resort.



After the dinner, we play the snooker and sing karaoko at the resort. This was my first time playing snooker, although some of my friends claimed that they were first-timer also( I guess they tipu wan as they are so 'pro'), but it seemed all of them knew how to play quite well, all the techniques ,rules all that , except me,haha....But I found it was very nice to play it, perhaps should practice more next time.

I searched some information about the jellyfish. Tips for you guys: If you are so lucky being stung, soak the part in the seawater, removed the tentacles using gloves . Can apply vinegar as well to prevent the neomycytes from releasing venom into the body, don't use tape water to wash it, it will just worsen it. For jellybox, you will feel suffocating , seek for doctor as soon as possible.

No comments: