Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trip to Sabah-Padas Rafting

On the 5th day of our trip, we went for rafting early in the morning. Sg Padas is the most adventurous and dangerous place for rafting in Malayisa, according to some of my friend. The rafting level is between 4-5 and many people died here before .

We travelled for 3 hours with half of the road uphill and our an crawling like turtle moving towards. We joined another 15 students from Unimas and UUM for this rafting to get a cheaper rate at RM140 per pax compared to normal price RM200. Upon reaching Tenom, we need to sit on a wooden plat to be moved uphill to the starting point by manpower as the train travelling there had been under repairing for 2 years after the frequent landslide there.

Here's the 'troley', moving using the stick.It's damn damn hot! We travel by the 'troley' for almost an hour more, and my butt was painful sitting,huh~~



Actually I really admired those natives that have fiigured out this way to replace the train temporarily. Along the way, I saw childrens sitting on this troley to go for school , the teachers were the one moving the troley under the sun. Salute those teachers that are so dedicated and resposible!

Finally we reached the starting point . After a short rest and some snacks, we started off around 1pm.

The rafting was a great one. This was my 2nd time rafting after Kampar river raft half year ago. The rafting took up a few hours as the river was really a long long one. We stopped by half way for lunch around 4pm. Damn hungry after breakfast at 7am.

Continued our journey after a full meal,hehe..Pictures of my group members.Others than those rapids, we could swim in the river. Or should I said 'pulled' into the river for countless times by tricking or simply being thrown outside the boat by my guide and members,haha..

Sg. Padas rafting can be described as the best one and most 'syok' in Malaysia for it numerous big rapids. For the first big rapid, everyone in the raft fell into the river except me( don't ask me why,haha). 1 of my friend who are phobia of water was terribly frightened, he hold on another friend's body and kept pulling her down. The scene was like my friend who know how to swim was being drowned by the one who froze there and think nothing except his parents,haha...(okok..stop laughing, my friend would like to kill me adi~~)

I didn't really feel the fun and got frightened till i fell off the raft during thebiggest rapid-the washing machine . I finally realised how it was the feeling of drowning and dying of suffocating. I was really so 'lucky' as I was the only one falling right into the eddy of the river. I just remembered the current kept pulling me downward and downward. I didn't have much time to think of the scary water as my shorts were nearly being pulled off by the strong current under. What's in my mind that time was tried to pull as hard as I could to hold my shorts, all the postures to hold myself into a ball that was taught by my guide was thrown behind my mind. Me myseld did not even know how long I was inside the water. Later did my friend told me that the guide and her was so worry about me as I was disappearing for so long under the water . My mind was really blank that time, just thinking of my shorts that were almost taken off by the currents and keep thinking of when can I go up above the water. Right after I got up the surface of the water, the 2nd current splashed on me and I went under the water again. Luckily I managed to got back to the raft after drinking so many water.( my advice : remember not to struggle when you are being pulled by the eddy, it will just make you drown and deeper faster)

After the end of all rapids, we board on a boat to be transfer back to Beaufort. It took us a few hours to be back on the shore. It was so dark in the river after sunset.

See all the tired faces!

Our guide-Amir. He was really a nice and funny guy, without him, our rafting won't be that much fun and joy. I bet our raft was the most noisiest one among the others rafts. We all miss him a lot! He is a fun friend to hang out with.It was already near 7pm when we got ashore. We headed back to KK town and reached Tune Hotel almost 10.30pm. A tiring day but surely is one of the most fun and memorable day in our trip.

1 comment:

raft grand canyon said...

Very helpful information.Thank you for sharing.

raft grand canyon