Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trip to Sabah-Kundasang & Ranau


We boarded a van to Kundasang and Ranau in the late evening 2 days before our hike to kk mount. It's the gateway to hike kk mount, so we spent 2 nights resting at Ranau to rejuvenate enough energy for the climb.It was a 2 hours drive from KK to Ranau. Between Kundasang and Ranau just roughly 30 minutes journey or less. Kundasang is a highland surrounded by mountains, with lots of mist at night and chilling air. It is just like the Cameron Highlands in West Peninsular where agriculture one of the main economic activities eg growing vege, strawberry, tea etc. But there's nothing much in Kundasang, even shophouses are rarely to be seen, just some resorts and houses. So we have all our meals at Ranau.
We visited the Kundasang War Memorial , a small memorial with nothing much to see.





Besides that, we paid a visit to the Sabah Tea Farm and withnessed ourselves the processes of tea making. ( Not to make you guys bored, so I won't put the processes here=p) But for me, the tea farm in Cameron Highlands has a far more nicer view,haha...You can choose to bike up the mountain here, or have some team building activities.




Before we had our dinner, we went to the Poring Hot Spring where there are a few waterfalls , trekking trails and canopy walk.

Soaking ourselves in the smelly sulphurous hot water ~

The people in Ranau are all quite friendly and nice. In the morning before we started off our journey, I went searching for any car renting service. The people there are so warm , even wanna offered me a ride to the place for car renting. Later while I was waiting for the confirmation of car renting in a restaurant, an Uncle came approached me and started talking to me. Later he insisted on treating me my breakfast. But it was scary as well as I was alone that day, my friends has warned me not to kena tipu by 'Kam yu lou",haha..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog is very helpful to me. I will be hiking at Mt.KK. After the hike, our group will go to Kundasang visiting. Then in that evening they will head to KK town. As for me and my partner prefer to stay either in Kundasang or Ranau. I need to rent a car or bike just a day for visiting. The next day I will take bus back to KK.